Thursday, July 26, 2012


a few tangents today..man i have been updating a lot clearly second year is not working me hard enough.

1. i was checking out some of my old posts and checked up on military guy's youtube channel. (i'm not sure which branch he's in) he's got a few more interesting videos, and more importantly he has some fitness ones where he's shirtless!! thank god he's trying to appeal to old internet trolls like me. i also liked the message of this non-shirtless one. anyway he seems like a really nice guy and i hope he finds a nice boyfriend.

2. i spent the other morning trolling some blogs and tumblrs and i was thinking how interesting it would be if we could get all these gay/closeted bloggers and commenters together in one room. a lot of you seem to be thoughtful, interesting guys and it's like, why can't i meet guys like that in real life. what would it be like if we weren't separated by time and space and you, yes you, the man/woman/robot reading these very words of my blog right now, could be in my living room right next to me? what sort of dialogue would we have?

then i was thinking what if we had some crazy gay/closeted/bi convention and all met up. that would be a trip. then i thought about how awkward that would really be haha. just the few losers like me who would show up thinking it was a good idea, only to be strikingly wrong. what the hell would we even do to identify ourselves? wear name tags with our usernames? yea very fun that would be...

once i went to visit some friends in college and we ended up going out to eat late at a diner. at a table nearby was this group of 10 or so people, some of whom were dressed kind of bizarre and definitely the whole group very heterogeneous to say the least. my friends and i were wondering, who or what the heck could bring these people together. then one of my friends whispers, "they're a WoW group! they're always here!" and the rest of us in hushed tones said, "ohhhh."

if you don't know what WoW, is it's world of warcraft. if you don't know what that is, bless your heart. i guess these people happened to live in the same area and wanted to meet in real life to discuss the game they loved. which, while dorky, i admired. these people, who really truly, had probably nothing in common except playing wow, became friends online and wanted to meet each other in person. and despite probably not looking like people they'd hang out with otherwise, there they were in the diner, with their laptops and wifi playing wow, having a good time, and not giving a shit what anyone else thought. i liked it.

if i could have any mutant power my first choice would be the ability to teleport and the second would be to fly, and both because i want to break down the physical distance that separates me from the ones i want to be with. wouldn't it be interesting if someone's physical location wasn't a factor in your relationship with them? what if it turns out the perfect guy for me lives in sweden? the internet has made the world a smaller place, but so much bigger, too.

by the way i've noticed some of my readers come from some pretty rad far-off countries. i think it's pretty cool to have readers all over the world. maybe they just randomly got here chasing the pictures of the pretty boys i post occasionally but i like to think they are reading my posts too...so a big american hi to all my international readers, in whatever your native language is!

3. number 2 was too long so i'll save my other tangents for later. i will close by sharing this guy i found while trolling tumblr the other day. you can really get lost for hours in those never-ending links to pictures of hot guys...

his name is marco dapper and he's some model/actor guy who is just too good-looking and perfect for his own good. i'll let you troll this extensive LINK to more pictures of him yourself. there is also a YOUTUBE clip of this gay-themed movie he was in where he drops trou. fuck. i don't really know whether to curse the gods for not making me like him or thank them for at least blessing us with physical specimens like him to ogle. unfortunately i found an interview that confirms he is for the ladies only..

4 comments:

  1. He's got some fierce eyebrows. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It'd be cool if we could do that convention idea, I'm game! :-) However, it might be a tad weird if I find out you were one of my residents and had "grading power" over me . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. The reason you can't meet real-life men like the closeted ones you know online are because you are all closeted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha count me in as one of those 'losers' then who're interested in that convention ;-) No serious it's something I often think about, like how are these guys who's blogs I read in real life. I like how they come through in the blog world, but would I like them in real life too? Maybe they're annoying like hell or super shy or whatever? Or maybe they're even more interesting in real life? I got the impression that the more I know personally about somebody, like how he looks like, what's his real name is, some small life details, the more I really wonder how meeting in real life would be.
    Yummie I've discovered that Marco Dapper for some years know (through that 'eating out' movie) but can still appreciate his pics now and then lol. I think it's very brave to do a full frontal scene like that.

    ReplyDelete