Friday, March 29, 2013

my sleep cycle has been completely f-cked this week. i got in the habit of taking a "nap" after work earlier week and those always end up turning into a fat-ass nap that just keeps me up all night. sleep is definitely my weakness in life.

anyway in one of my deranged partial all-nighters i was catching up on my TV shows. as i've mentioned before i've taken a liking to "the new normal" on NBC. well this week's episode was just stunning. i really strongly urge you to watch it. i honestly can't believe they aired an episode like that on network tv. briefly, it's about one of the main characters going back to the boy scouts as an adult troop leader but being scared about it 'cuz he's gay. i don't want to say anything else about the plot, but it encapsulated nearly all the hopes and fears that i have about coming out, and it just really hit hard for me. i think if you are a fellow homo you will find something to identify with in this episode, and even if you're not it's a great perspective on discrimination, so just watch it and see what you think. (i actually liked the message of the girls' storyline too.)

anyway i commend the show for tackling a very politically-charged issue head on like that. man that last scene was so powerful. check it out.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/471859

5 comments:

  1. Yeah I hate that too when I take a short nap in the afternoon and I'll be awake until 2 in the morning. I have the bf for that. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just when I was about to start working again today I had to read your post guess I'll be watching this episode now. Hope you get your sleep cycle figured out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i got hooked on that show too. i really enjoy it but missed last weeks episode due to group project shit. so thanks for postin it man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have a crazy schedule like you, though I do stay up late reading blogs and don't get enough sleep some times. Then like you I'm so tired I fall asleep sitting in front of the computer for a couple of hours, then have trouble sleeping when it's time for bed, and the cycle repeats itself for a few days before I get a good night's rest.

    Thanks for the link to the show. For some people, being excluded is difficult -- I learned to deal with it at an early ago once I realized I was gay and society was not accepting. But I have lived long enough to see the advances and improvements that have come over the last 20 years. I could not have imagined when I was 18 that we would ever see same sex marriage, yet it's here and growing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got caught up on that show myself. It's definitely one of my favorite new shows. It pokes fun at a ton of stereotypes but also somehow is able to sneak in deeper messages into each episode.

    ReplyDelete