Sunday, September 18, 2011

fuck the gym

The first week I moved to the city I'm working, I went out and bought one of those door pull-up things. I had one in medical school which I used (occasionally) but gave it away when I moved out. Since starting residency, that pull-up thing has been in its box in my closet. Just two weeks ago I got motivated enough to take it out of the box, but couldn't be bothered to assemble it so it's been in pieces in my living room. At this rate I think I'll have it assembled by Halloween and will actually be using it by new year's. My apt complex has a little gym which I have not even willed myself to check out yet...frick.

I just can't get myself motivated to work out. Sure I WANT to look like the guys on fitness magazines, but hell if I want to put in the WORK to get my body looking like that. This is the world of convenience and easy fixes..where is my easy fix for a ripped beach bod. I would use the excuse that residency is too time-consuming, but I know colleagues who dutifully go to the gym. Me, I'd rather get an extra hour of sleep or go to happy hour. Luckily I've got a pretty good metabolism so all the hospital food and beer I drink hasn't caught up to me, but I'm waiting for the day when my body gives up and says "Nope, here is the beer belly and fat ass body you've deserved all these years." Unfortunately I didn't also get blessed with the genetics like those guys who have the naturally ripped bodies without ever going to the gym. (you know who you are)

One of these days I'll stop wishing for a hot body and just get my ass in the gym to work for it. But as I am currently in bed writing this blog, not happening anytime soon. How do yall stay motivated to go to the gym???


haha looking for an eye candy pic and came across this. Even freaking congressmen have time to work out!

3 comments:

  1. dammmnnn that dude is so cut and is real good lookin! haha but as for motivation, dont really have any haha soccer i guess keeps me in somewhat decent shape

    ReplyDelete
  2. My biggest fear in life is getting fat, but that doesn't seem to motivate me. Usually I end up being motivated by trying to impress someone or prove someone wrong (of course I usually overdo it by the end of the 2d week and get hurt and have to recoup for 2 weeks). I also have a picture on my fridge of when I thought I looked my best as a reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's tough for sure. I've just started back at the gym after a 2 year hiatus (Doctor's orders!). As I say to my kids (who are all skinny as hell): "be fit and stay fit . . . get into the habit now while you're in your late teens, early twenties because it's damn hard to start in your 40's (when you are forced to), like I did".

    You asked . . . :-)

    ReplyDelete