Friday, October 18, 2013

the other day i got a text from a medical school friend congratulating me for being gay and offering support. one of my other friends had been in his town for a fellowship interview and had 'mentioned' it to him. i was amused by the text. one because it was corny and long-winded in its sentiment but that was just typical for the friend. two because this friend closed the message in a way that could be ambiguously interpreted and there had always been some questions about this friend's own sexuality in med school. anyway it was my first experience of someone finding out i'm a big cocksucker not from my own mouth. i wasn't upset or anything, but it was a realization that this part about me that i've kept secret for so long is not really my secret anymore. i mean everyone has someone in their highest circle of trust they will tell anything, so i should expect that word may or may not get around. at this point i don't really care, my attitude is just i'm not gonna volunteer that information but won't deny or lie about it if it comes up.

the friend who spilled the beans texted me a few days later letting me know they had talked..thanks..a little late on that. but his intention was to spark this friend's sexual maturation if there is a homo side to him somewhere inside there and using me as the martyr which is fine with me.

alright that's it for now. not a sox fan whatsoever don't get me wrong, but baseball guys are always hot.


5 comments:

  1. $20 says your corny, long-winded friend is attracted to men.

    Whether he has the intestinal fortitude to be honest with himself (or you) about that is questionable. If he takes a sudden interest in your personal life then he's pretty much outed himself.

    Let me know when I can collect my loot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha i wouldn't be surprised if you end up winning that $20. i'm gonna plan to tackle the issue head-on next time i see him.

      Delete
  2. Did your friend use you as bait to out the other guy? That's a big assumption on his part. But it sounds like he had good intentions -- he wanted to play matchmaker for the two of you -- that's how you could view it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes i was bait in a sense..hopefully more like role model. definitely NOT matchmaker with this friend, but that thought did give me a laugh!

      Delete
    2. Hmmm, Im guessing you make for very appealing and attractive "bait" -- lots of nibbles to build up the school into a feeding frenzy. :-)

      Delete