Sunday, November 25, 2012

Hey all
Hope everyone had a nice holiday. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday so I was really looking for to it. Unfortunately I had to work Friday so I couldn't go home home for the holiday but I had a nice little dinner with some of the other residents. Now I'm home and I'm on vacation for the week so I'm excited to take a little break from work. I'm going to be visiting a big metro and staying with one of my best friends from med school so it should be a good trip.

My STD symptoms are gone..I decided to just prescribe myself antibiotics rather than get seen again. I'm pretty certain I got some atypical urethritis and there wouldn't be any good test to get a diagnosis so I just went for the doxy. Yea I know, not the most kosher way to do things but doctors do make the worst patients. Anyway it was an interesting ordeal to say the least. I doubt it will do much to change my sexual practices. I still play safe for anal but I just could not bring myself to get blown with a condom on.

Phone guy is out of the picture. Yes I realize the whole thing was really fiction without any true commitment to meet for real. It was a powerful thing though. As much as it sucks it didn't work out for all the insane reasons you guys warned me about, it was nice. At least I have hope that I could find something like that again. It's funny there's that saying about plenty of fish and now with all our stupid phone apps and online sites you'd think it'd be even easier to find a good man but I almost think this over-connected world makes it even harder to really connect meaningfully.

In unrelated news I saw this story on naked yoga the other week and I found the idea intriguing. Yoga would definitely be a good way to meet some positive-minded men and the chance to do it naked, why not? I looked up both naked yoga and gay men's yoga in my city and alas neither is offered. But where I'm going on vacation will potentially have a class so I'm gonna try to get away on my own and try it. I'm a sexual deviant at baseline but aside from that I just find something very liberating about nudity. Trust me I don't have a Sean Cody model body but it's just nice to be naked. And to be able to participate in a group naked in a non-sexual way sounds very refreshing and like a great experience. So I'll let you guys know if I get to attend and if you're in a big metro check it out and see if anything like it is offered and try it out and report back!



4 comments:

  1. good to hear the symptoms are gone man, it had me worried! like you i wasnt able to go home which kind of sucked but i spent it with some teammates which was nice. have fun on vacation and dont get too excited in the class if you go to the naked yoga, it could get awkward if you do lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear that things are going well. Alas about phone guy, but it doesn't sound like it was all bad. Naked yoga, eh? Sound interesting. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are better and hopefully cured for good.

    As for phone guy, sorry things did not work out. While I did offer a lot of caution, I did secretly hope I might have been wrong, that way you could really met and see whether you clicked in person. As you said, your lesson here is that it confirmed that you can and will again make an intense connection with another guy, probably many others until you find the right one. It's always tough balancing giving in to infatuation and falling head over heels with someone vs. remaining cautious so you don't make yourself too vulnerable and get hurt. You will find the sweet spot as you get more experience dating and learning your comfort zone, so don't give up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you interested in someone to just chat/text/im with on a regular basis, or someone to like have long conversations with at night?

    ReplyDelete