Saturday, June 25, 2011

congrats NY

Props to NY. Maybe this will start to turn the tide of public opinion on gay marriage. I'm sure it was crazy in NYC last night. So the states where it's legal are CT, IA, MA, NH, VT, DC, and now NY...weird that there aren't any west coast states on there as those tend to be thought of as more liberal. Also how the hell did Iowa ever approve gay marriage haha.

I don't wanna soapbox too much (don't I do that enough on this blog) but I just don't get opponents of gay marriage!!!!!! They spend all this time money and energy fighting it when the hetero divorce rate is pretty shitty, kids are growing up in single parent households, teen pregnancy keeps rising, and let's not even get started on all the hypocrisy in the Catholic church. It just always makes me laugh when they're like "PROTECT FAMILIES, PROTECT MARRIAGE!" when broken hetero families are all around them! I don't get it.

Anyhoo, let's celebrate this not just as a milestone for gay rights, but as a milestone for equality and civil rights in American history. "We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union..."

No comments:

Post a Comment