Thursday, September 12, 2013

hey guys
it's been too long and i owe yall an explanation. it was a crazy summer that's for sure. short version, i attended a few weddings all over the country (one more this weekend), went to lollapalooza, had, and ended a relationship with another guy where we both truly loved each other, came out to some of my important friends and partially to my family (not all there yet), and oh yea still did some of this doctoring business in between. i promise the big update is coming.

by the way, thanks for sticking around and checking in on this blog. i know bloggers come and go so i really appreciate and am truly flattered that i have even the semblance of an audience interested in the crap i have to spew.

in the meantime (cuz who knows when i will actually be able to sit down and recap all that) check out this speech by wentworth miller. he quietly but somewhat dramatically came out last month in protest to the russia anti-gay stuff.. i think his speech encapsulates a lot of the emotions we (as in homos) go through as we struggle to come out. i always thought he was cute and knew for a long time that he was a glass closet hollywood gay, but i think it's awesome he's really being an advocate now. it's a long speech but worth it.

http://action.hrc.org/site/PageNavigator/2013_Wentworth_SocialShare.html

6 comments:

  1. its def been a while man. glad to hear things are going well for you. i just watched that speech yesterday and really enjoyed him speaking out and standing up to Russia with his letter back to them. take it easy bud

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to the detailed update. In the meanwhile, I came across a story that I hope further inspires you in your medical career:

    http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2013/09/13/221043643/treating-kids-cancer-with-science-and-a-pocket-full-of-hope

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear from you! It's been a while. It's also been a while since I updated my blog myself . . . oh the rigors of residency. >_>

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where is my shout out man? I am hammered and have moved to just harassing your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you're doing well! Very curious to hear all about that new loving relationship that also ended (hope you don't feel too devastated by that) and the coming out story. What you're writing is certainly no crap, your blog is amongst the ones I love reading the most. I guess I'm in the wrong position to say this since my own lack of posts lately, but... come up with that story man ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey man! Glad to see you've survived the summer! And yea, his speech was pretty awesome. It's interesting that he chose now to come out to the public, when it's been pretty known that he's been closeted for awhile.

    ReplyDelete